Tuesday, October 14, 2008


Jeanne Drawing
Graphite and watercolor on Bristol
2008



Lonely Frog
Watercolor and graphite on paper
2008


Self Portrait 10/08/08
Prismacolor pencils on recycled paper
2008



Sky Scape
Watercolor and Ink on paper
2008


Today, I walked to get an employment guide and contemplated my current condition. I applied basic Buddhist philosophy (which can be very helpful at certain junctures) and tried to pinpoint the cause of my current suffering: Jobless, idle, losing money, etc. Desire for work, desire to have an income, this is the cause of it.
We all need money to live. For money, most of us need to work. The desire for money is a necessary one. It goes beyond desire and into need.
I do not avoid work. Anybody I worked with at Texas Art Supply will tell you that I was no slacker. I do avoid people and situations involving them, however. This shyness and lack of confidence is something that I need to overcome. "Fear is the mind-killer", and all that stuff.
Hence, the removal of my plight involves the removal of the jobless state. It needs not be elaborated any further. The only hurdle I face is that which is imposed by my own mind, and only I am in control of my mind. Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action: These will remove any impediments to my advancement in life, and end this miserable state.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoah that prisma self-portrait is TIGHT!

Reggie said...

Thanks! That was the first self portrait I had done in several years. It's been over a month, maybe I need to do another one.